MFP Job Vacancy – Admin & Finance Officer
Part time: 1-2 days per week
Salary: £23,000 p.a. pro-rata
Closing date: Noon on Monday 10th September 2018
A time of transformation is upon the Moray Firth, and the Partnership is at the forefront of planning and developing a sustainable future for the Firth and its communities. We play a unique role as a neutral, independent charity promoting and facilitating collaborative solutions to the marine and coastal challenges faced by the Moray Firth and those living and working here.
Over the last 12 months, under new management, the Moray Firth Partnership has undertaken a wide-ranging programme of modernisation, investing in systems and processes that will ensure we are ‘fit for purpose’ as we develop our ambitious work programme.
We are now seeking an experienced, friendly, and capable individual to join us at this exciting time. Although primarily administrative, the role has a financial element, and scope for development across communications, website and funding.
We are looking to further enhance our internal systems so you would need to be well organised, show good initiative and logic, and be a team player. We are a small but dedicated staff, with a passion to grow the Partnership to deliver fully for the communities and businesses we work with from Wick right round to Fraserburgh.
This is a permanent post with a six month trial period.
If you would like more information on the MFP or this position email email@example.com.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Administrative support
• Provide general administrative support to the MFP Manager and Board;
• Help organise and minute meetings, and provide secretariat services for other groups supported, such as committees and work groups;
• Help organise meetings and events. Some may be held at other locations and involve occasional evening or week-end working;
• Maintain the MFP contacts database and information systems – both paper and electronic;
• Help develop new projects and administer on-going work.
• Financial administration
- • Help maintain MFP financial records, including processing invoices and payments; This will include use of Excel spreadsheets – training will be provided if required;
- • Help with fundraising, grant applications & reports to funders.
• Communication, education and promotion
• Act as first point of contact for public enquiries by phone and email;
• Disseminate information about the Partnership and the Moray Firth area.
• Good IT skills – internet, web, email – and competence in using Microsoft Office;
• High standard of written and spoken English;
• Adaptable and willing to learn new subjects and skills;
• Able to work with minimum support;
• Experienced organiser / administrator;
• Friendly & outgoing with a confident telephone manner.
• Minute taking skills;
• Book-keeping / financial recording experience / use of spreadsheets;
- • Report / article writing skills;
• Experience of fund-raising.
To apply for this post please send your CV and a covering statement (no more than 2 pages each) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12noon on Monday 10th September 2018.
Interviews will be in the week commencing 17th September 2018.