The harbour was built originally in 1814 by Sir Alexander Mackenzie, and was designed by Thomas Telford – famed for his works of engineering throughout Scotland. Find out more about the harbour’s history here.
|Back to Harbour List|
|Latitude / Longitude||57° 33' N/Longitude:04° 10'W|
|Harbourmaster Contact||Mr Gwyn Tanner, Harbour Office, Pierhead, AVOCH, IV9 8PT|
|High Tide Variation||4.5 metres|
|Hazards||Dries out a low springs|
|Moorings||Vessels to 40' with 2m draft. On wall or pontoons.|
|Visitor Moorings||Possible, contact harbour master for more information.|