During the three years of the Beach Guardians project we made visits to many of the schools in and around the Moray Firth.
The visits included:
AN INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION WITH GROUPS/CLASS - which took place either at the school's local beach or in the classroom and included:
- An introduction to Beach Guardians
- The children's stories about going to the beach
- Types sources and impacts of beach litter
- How to dispose of beach litter responsibly
- How the pupils could help reduce litter on their beach
A RANGE OF ACTIVITIES - DEPENDENT UPON AGE GROUP
Quizzes etc, storytelling, beach cleans and surveys, display using beach litter
PRIOR TO VISIT/FOLLOW UP we asked pupils to do a simple quiz before and after the visits.
Details of exactly what the schools did during these visits can be found in the "School visits" link above.